Today’s look in the Nutcracker makeup series is the Arabian divertissement. In some versions, such as New York City Ballet’s, it is referred to as Coffee, and at Pacific Northwest Ballet, the dancer dresses as a peacock. Every Arabian I’ve seen, no matter which company’s Nutcracker it is, has a costume of bold colors and some sort of metallic detail. So here is a look I came up with that I believe could accent any one of them. This makeup could also be worn for Disney’s Princess Jasmine.
(These are the exact products in the look- but you can use any brand you like.)
Base and Contour – See Basic Stage Makeup
Urban Decay The Vice Palette (unavailable)
Shadows in Muse, Jagged, Blitz, Vice, and Unhinged
Mascara and Eyelashes – See Basic Stage Makeup
Cheeks and Lips
Eye Step By Step
(Click on pictures to enlarge.)
1. Apply a yellow gold shadow to the lid.
2. Sweep a darker metallic gold into the crease and outer corner of the eye to contour.
3. With your black liner, draw a thick line along the lashes that extends slightly upward at the end.
4. With a dark purple shadow, go over the black line you just made. This will give a purple sheen while still keeping the line dark.
5. Now, using a medium brown liner, draw a line following the crease of the eye, and connect it to the end of the black/purple.
6. Taking a copper brown shadow, go over the line you just made, blending it out to ensure the line is not harsh.
7. Using the dark teal liner, line the lower lashline, not going quite all way to the inner corner of the eye. If you don’t have an aqua liner, eye shadow will work as well.
8. Take a brighter teal liner and finish the lower line. Just as before, you can use a bright aqua shadow instead.
9. Go over the entire underline with a bright teal shadow to soften it.
10. Curl lashes and apply your favorite mascara.
11. Finish the look with false lashes as usual!