Marzipan is one of the most unappreciated divertissements in Nutcracker. The choreography is often extremely challenging unbeknownst to the audience, especially in George Balanchine’s version, which is the one New York City Ballet does. There are many names for this divertissement, such as Mirlitons, Reed Flutes, and the Shepherdesses. Because marzipan candy is almond paste formed into beautiful and bright designs, this look consists of purples, pinks, and browns.
(These are the exact products in the look- but you can use any brand you like.)
Base & Contour – See Basic Stage Makeup
Sephora Color Festival Palette (unavailable)
Mascara and Lashes – See Basic Stage Makeup
Step By Step
(Click on pictures to enlarge.)
1. Apply a candy pink shadow the lid, and contour with a brownish pink.
2. As usual, with your black liner, draw a thick line along the lashes that extends slightly upward at the end.
3. Now, using a brownish purple liner, draw a line following the crease of the eye, and connect it to the end of the bottom one.
4. Taking a purple brown shadow, go over the line you just made, blending it out to ensure the line is not harsh.
5. Using a bright purple liner, line the lower lashline, finishing right up under the black line.
6. Using a violet purple shadow, soften the bottom line.
7. Curl lashes and apply your favorite mascara.
8. Finish the look with false lashes!
Miami City Ballet