Today’s look in the Nutcracker series is Chinese. Some companies refer to this divertissement as Tea. Obviously the colors of China are red and yellow (gold), but using red onstage for eye makeup is VERY tricky. So I used orange, gold, and green as the base of this makeup. My blue eyes make it look like a rainbow, so just try and see past that!
Each and every look will follow the blueprint of The Basic Stage Eye. So head there for help!
(These are the exact products in the look- but you can use any brand you like.)
Base & Contour- See Basic Stage Makeup
Mascara & Eyelashes – See Basic Stage Makeup
Step By Step
(Click on pictures to enlarge.)
1. Apply a bright gold shadow (Goldmine) to the lid.
2. Brush a golden brown (Bronze) into the crease and outer corner of the eye to contour.
3. As usual, with your black liner, draw a thick line along the lashes that extends slightly upward at the end.
4. Using a forest green shadow (Humid), go over the black line. This makes the line green while still keeping it dark.
5. Now, using a brown liner (West), draw a line following the crease of the eye, and connect it to the end of the green one.
6. Taking the golden brown shadow you used earlier (Bronze), go over the line you just made, blending it out to ensure the line is not harsh.
7. Take an orangey-red shadow (Desert), shade right up under the brown crease line. Apply two-thirds of the way, not completely to the inner eye.
8. Using the same brown liner, (West), line the lower lashline, finishing right up under the black line.
9. Using a blend of the gold and bronze (Goldmine and Bronze), blend out the line to soften it.
10. For the accent, use the same orange you used in the crease in the corner of the eye.
11. Curl lashes and apply your favorite mascara.
12. Finish the look with false lashes as always!
With this look, I would use a simple understated cheek like a muted peach. For the lips, use the same red lip liner you used on the inner eye corner and follow with a bright red lipstick. This will tie in the China red again.