Today’s look in the Nutcracker Series is Spanish. Because this divertissement represents hot chocolate in the ballet, that was my inspiration for the colors. I did add a bit of purple because it complements the browns and reads beautifully on the stage. Bright and warm colors make it perfect for this dance in the ballet. If you would like a little more colorful look, I have linked my Kitri & Paquita makeup below that would also be perfect for this role.
(These are the exact products in the look- but you can use any brand you like.)
Base & Contour – See Basic Stage Makeup
Sephora Jasmine Eyeshadow Palette (Unavailable)
Mascara & Lashes – See Basic Stage Makeup
Step By Step
(Click on pictures to enlarge.)
1. Apply a bright copper shadow to the lid.
2. Brush a darker copper brown into the crease and outer corner of the eye to contour.
3. As usual, with your black liner, draw a thick line along the lashes that extends slightly upward at the end.
4. With a purple shadow, go over the black to give it a purple hue.
5. Now, using a brown liner, draw a line following the crease of the eye, and connect it to the end of the bottom one.
6. Taking a shimmery brown shadow, go over the line you just made, blending it out to ensure the line is not harsh. You could use the bronze shadow you just used as a contour instead.
7. Using the same brown liner, line the lower lashline, finishing right up under the purple line.
8. Using the copper brown, soften the bottom line.
11. Curl lashes and apply your favorite mascara.
12. Finish the look with false lashes!
For Spanish, I would recommend a peach colored blush and a red lip.